POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Sunday, September 1, 2013

JUNKIN' IN HEAVEN

A few years ago I came upon a website for junkers. 
Until that time I never realize there were others who shared my love for re-purposing and bringing cast off items a new life. 
I thought I was the only one with a sickness for
curbside shopping and junk love. 
I soon found out, to my relief, 
there were many junk artists out there. 
Many who understood me and understood 
how a little rust and age 
can make your heart melt.

They got it! 

They too were Visionary or Junk Artists.

This wonderful site is
JUNKMARKETSTYLE
!

It's a wonderful place because it is full of creativity 
and  junk art. 
However, what makes it extra special is the friendships 
I have gathered from the other artists 
who post their creations and comments there. 
Because of this site I began blogging and became friends with Lezlee, Laurel, Alice, Linda, Marie and Midge. 
There's also Kathy, Sue and Jim that I count as friends too. 

We've all moved on to be Facebook friends also.

For those who think computer time is a waste I must disagree. Without my laptop connection to these people my life would be a lot less richer.
They make me smile.
They look in on me to make sure I am doing well.
Their prayers went up for me
when they discovered I had breast cancer.
They helped me through.
This group of friends also inspire me and feed my creativity. They encourage me and listen.
That's what friends do, right?

Today we are all very much in shock and very saddened to learn that our friend Midge passed away.
Most of us have never met Midge in person,
but all of us will miss her.
I will miss her wit and creativity.
I'll miss her willingness to share ideas.
I'll also miss hearing about her family
and sharing in little bits of their lives.
How blessed we all were to know Noreen Midgley
and call her our junking friend.

Rest peacefully Midge and have fun junkin' in heaven.


                                                                                                                                                             Midge's  Facebook photo

7 comments:

  1. She was so awesome, she griped at me for not using tools...when I told her I just had "my guys" do it for me, lol. We will all miss her, she was such a good mom and wife, I know they are lost!
    I love you, Vicki!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too Lezlee! So glad to call you friend! My heart and prayers go out to her family. What a sad time for them!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post for a beautiful lady!! It broke my heart when I read that she had passed away last night. These "junk" friendships have blessed me so very much!! LOVE you all...
    Praying for "Midge's" family! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The junking friendships have blessed me too! Wish I had actually met her face to face but I feel like I did after talking with her so much. Love you too Laurel!

      Delete
  3. I was very sad to read this...such a creative lady...and look at that smile! I know she will be very missed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well said Vicki...We are all in shock still, just unable to believe that our hilariously funny, talented Midge is gone. Bless her and her family, praying for strength during this difficult time. Hugs to you and all my wonderful junking friends out there who bring so much joy to my life. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. I had seen this posted on a few sites and although I never knew her, she seems to have touched so many people. She must have been a wonderful, talented woman. I'll be praying for her family.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!