POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Saturday, July 13, 2013

SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE SIGNS


BUSY BUSY BUSY
THAT'S ME!


This summer I decided it was time to make some room in my Gypsy Room.

That's the room where I create
and
where I keep things special to me.


My Gypsy Room has floor to ceiling shelves.

All are packed full of projects to finish;
supplies for projects yet begun
and
art of all kinds.
That means junk art and art junk.

(Gypsy Room is a nice name for Hoarding Room.)

It was time to stop storing for when I have time
and just do some of those projects!

So...

To clear out some things, and decorate my soul a little more
I made SIGNS this week.

Sorry, the pictures aren't that great...
most have my dining room chair seats
as their background or the dining table.

I mainly just took the photos to remember the SIGNS.

The SIGNS are going to my booth this weekend.

Then I am going back upstairs to my Gypsy Room
and enjoy having a tiny bit more space.

 The top SIGN is a board I picked up for 10 cent
at an Estate Sale...
already stained that pretty green color.

The bottom SIGN is painted with chalk paint...
I love the messy lettering.



Tray chalkboard...wanted to make one forever!
     My favorite!

 Top SIGN is on a canvas and the bottom one is a cabinet door.


 Letters fly out of my booth...plunderJUNK...
booth number 56
Big Peach Antique Mall.
Stop in on your way down to Florida some time.
Over 200 vendors and endless junk and antiques!!
 I found the 24x36 canvas for this SIGN in someone's trash.
It was a painting of a little boy sitting on the beach.
I painted the canvas black and the little boy can just keep watching the waves under there.

It's our secret.
OK?


This is not really a sign, but I thought it was cute to paint chalkboard paint on this tool tote.
A chalkboard tool tote!
It can be for tools, herbs or just a catch all.

Don't you just adore tool totes?
 See the sweet little Grace SIGN tucked inside?



I am going to be on the lookout for more old cardboard pictures...
vintage or otherwise.

I just love the funky letters they create.






Have you been clearing out
and
creating this summer?



Busy Vicki




6 comments:

  1. VICKI!!! I LOVE your signs, you amazingly talented art teacher you!!! Love, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! I have had the best time this week!! I feel so productive! Its also so relaxing. Hope you've had a good summer! Love ya, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well heck, you have been busy! I love the cabinet door sign. I may just need to run to the Habitat Restore and pick up some doors now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    How much fun you have had! Good going girl! So tickled you are back in the saddle with your talents flowing.
    Smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You HAVE been busy!! I bet your booth look great with all those cool signs! LOVE the name of your booth too...clever girl :) Hope you are feeling well??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you certainly have your crafting mojo juices flowing -lovely stuff there Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!