POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Sunday, August 31, 2014

A summer wedding between two very much in love people.
The beautiful Jekyll Island Club Hotel
on Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Close family and a few cousins 
to help with the celebration.
I was honored to do the
decorations for the brunch!
I made the wedding signs,
decorated the mason jars,
and added decorations
to the beautiful dining hall.
I have made signs for other weddings and I have directed,
but this one was so special.
I had the time of my life!



The custom in Uganda
is for the groom
to give the bride's father a gift.
This bride has been on several mission trips to Uganda,
so her groom gave her father a cow.
All in fun and a sweet part
of the special day.
The Bride and her Groom


The lighted O was meant to be...
90% off at Hobby Lobby!
I love a deal!
Doesn't get any better!
Photos of the bride and groom on a re-purposed metal lamp base.
The family gathered here quite often to visit and act like the crazy bunch that we are...
both sides are fun loving
and genuinely good people.

All were very happy about this union!


The front porch boards of the hotel...
if they could talk I'll bet there
would be stories to tell!

The same would probably be true
of this turret...
for this wedding it was
the Honeymoon Suite.
This boat, Jekyll's Pride,
kept a calm and spiritual watch
the entire wedding weekend.


Best,
Vicki



Photos are by Bill Andrews

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki - how beautiful! Your eye for detail clearly shows - beautiful wedding photos and you made me chuckle, my husband presented to my Dad a 'cow' for the same reason - lobolo - bride payment coz we're from Africa too :) How lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding! Your decor all looks so pretty and personalized. I would love to hangout on that porch and chat away the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, Vicki...a very personalized and special time! You did a wonderful job...I know the bride and groom loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the decorations and sweet verses and sayings!! Hope you are doing well. I love seeing what you are up to on FB. Looks like life is good :) Have a very merry Christmas! Laurel

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!