POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

 One Sunday night in April,
I heard...
 
"Baby, can you come here a minute?
Don't come out the back door though." 

Doot, doooot, dooot...
Looking out my back door...
(song by J.C. Fogerty)


There were no tambourines and elephants...

This is what I found!

MY PORCH!
MY HUSBAND!
 
This ain't Jericho and he ain't Joshua,
but the walls came a tumbling down!


That first step was a DOOZEY!


 We knew the porch was developing some issues,
but we never dreamed this would happen!
 OUCH! 
 
He also has a pinched nerve
near his elbow from the fall.


But there are...

 He could have gotten hurt really seriously!
But he is OK!
Thank the Lord!

 AND...
 
We are now getting a brand new porch!

Today is the first day of building,
so it still has a ways to go...

IMAGINE...
a tin covered roof in the center...
platforms, steps, and hopefully a ceiling fan.


 I need to LEVEL with you though...
this part of my house faces the street,
but was built to be the back of our house.

The actual front faces the woods.

When the former owner built the house almost 35 years ago, he built it so he could watch the deer and other wildlife in the woods behind...
uh...
in front of the house.
This side of the house
has always looked a bit unfinished,
so now maybe with this porch
it will have more curb appeal.

So terrible things can turn into
BLESSINGS!

I already knew that though!
It's been a while since I've posted because...
Well, breast cancer.
It's kinda out my back door too!
Thank the Lord again!

However, breast cancer for me has lead to

RETIREMENT!!!


BLESSING!!!

    I retired...
   not because of my circumstance,
  but because of my decision!

  My decision to paint,
create junk art,
go visit my boy,
and
do just about anything
this
artteachergirl
wants
to do now!!!

                                      See ya Later Tater!
                             
                                               Best,
                                         Vicki

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you blogging again (despite a bruised husband!) He was very lucky not to break anything - We live in a 'back to front' house too, although the front does face the front, we all (the entire row) all use our back doors as our front doors!! It is lovely to see you back :) and well done on the crafting front - who needs to work anyway! hope to see more of you and hear about your crafting and junking and enjoying xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that looks dangerous. Glad to see the hubby wasn't more seriously hurt. Did you suggest he go on a diet :) Can't wait to see the new porch. Sounds fantastic. Hope you're enjoying all your free time now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!