POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE BACKYARD THINGS

Fifty cent bird feeder found at the Peaches to Beaches Yard Sale in March...I think the bird's are still sizing it up. Hanging for about a month before Bill said, "Has that always been there?"


                                                                  Look really hard and you will see an egg in this nest, it's a Wren's nest inside our Topsy Turvy Tomato gadget. My husband is frustrated, but I love it!


    This beautiful yellow running rose is just about to cover my arbor, this year we had to level the arbor because it has grown so much! Perhaps, a little trimming is in it's future. Or maybe I should have only planted one? It is gorgeous!!

 Here are a portion of our Koi and gold fish. Do you see the one I call Chick fil A? It is marked like the Chick Fil A cows. It's a new one to our pond. The big boy at the top we've had for close to 10 years! He is in charge of the pond...he works his territory.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, the Yellow Lady Banks rose. One single bush left unattended will grow to over 18 feet WIDE, and I can't even remember how tall.... I had two planted in my backyard, and they took over my entire yard, LOL. They bloom on old wood, so every year that I tried taming them, cut down on that once a year bloom. I saw an aged Lady Banks at the American Rose Society in Shreveport, LA... and it was indeed 20 feet wide, and probably 20 feet tall. HUGE. (But gorgeous. If in a field. A huge field.)

    Thank you for such lovely pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the roses and fish pond are amazing... I can't believe you've had that biggan' so long! Love the giraffe from last post. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!