POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Monday, September 13, 2010

We traveled back to the town of the street chickens Sunday. We needed a road trip and wanted to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. On the way back home we saw these haystacks all lined up in a field. They were almost in a perfect line.
Time to use your art eyes...to me they look like cinnamon rolls, someone else said bubblegum...what do they look like to you? 
They are a little different from Monet's haystacks...wonder if they would have caught his art eye like they did mine. The aesthetics of these stacks caused us to stop to take pictures. 
Side story here...In South Georgia we share our air space with tiny little gnats. They are a constant in the summer, just part of our everyday lives. I was born and raised in South Georgia so I have mastered the gnat blowing technique that all South Georgians learn at an early age...it's an upward blow, and we can blow and carry on a conversation without missing a beat. Now I live in Middle Georgia, above the gnat line. My husband ( a Yankee) and son (Middle Ga born) are not as accustomed to the gnats as I am. When we go to South Georgia, they usually hold up in the house away from the gnats. In the haystack field there must have been a gnat convention taking place. When we pulled into the field and opened the car doors we were covered with swarms of gnats! I have never seen my guys in such a frantic frenzy! They were swatting and fussing, rolling down car windows and fanning the gnats out. There were even yells of gnats flying in their ears. It was quite hilarious to me! I'll admit...shhhh...that the gnats were "bugging" me too a bit. Sadly, because of the gnats we didn't get the photo I wanted...a straight on shot of the haystacks. Oh well, witnessing their frantic gnat dance was worth it. Funny how something so small can cause such a big commotion. Kind of like life, isn't it? They say don't sweat the small stuff. Maybe that should be don't swat the small stuff.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd go crazy from the gnats, too...and the haystacks have always looked like shredded wheat to me (always thinking about food LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I would have never thought of shredded wheat...very imaginative, Linda!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! I would be right there with your family -- I WOULD be swatting the small stuff! Funny how different areas experience different things. But the hay bales are great, and your artist eye is so good at appreciating the beauty of ordinary things. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been right there with your family -- swatting the small stuff. Great story! Glad that your artistic eye could help us see the beauty in bales of hay.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!