POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Monday, August 1, 2011

SOUTHERN ART

 
This is how we do ART in South Georgia. 
I can not explain the feeling 
I had when I first saw 
this amazing grain silo turned canvas. 
I literally lost my breath and 
tears began to stream. 
Such a wonderful breathtaking surprise! 
An unexpected blessing to stumble on 
when driving into the small southern town of Colquitt, Georgia. 
This agricultural masterpiece,
soaring high towards the sky,
is an art experience 
like none I've had in quite some time. 
I could not look away. 
It commands that you search each detail 
of each farm scene.  
It was truly a gift to find along 
a south Georgia back road.

Enjoy!







Yet another reason I'm proud to be southern!












5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! I wonder how long it took to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing. Guess the artist wasn't afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing. I imagine it takes a lot to get a painting to look correct at different angles considering all the circular sides they had to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah I agree, love the little church and the cotton. I never tire of cotton fields as I grew up in a house right next to them in S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, what a fabulous treasure to happen upon. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!