POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Monday, August 23, 2010

As promised another church we saw along our way to Maine. Some towns and places blend together after so many miles, but I believe this church is in Greenville, VA. We had spent the night in Roanoke, VA, and we were on the road that morning by 5:30. We thought we'd find breakfast along the road, but it was too early or maybe because it was Saturday morning places just weren't open. Then we saw a sign for a German restaurant and off the road we shot. But where was it? We followed the signs and we didn't see the restaurant, but we did find the sweetest little town, or a part of it. Of course, I spied the church first thing and took a picture through the car window. That's why the car wash is blocking the view of the church. I got pretty good at taking pictures from the car, but well, sometimes not so good. As we turned down the tiny, road to the church, there was a lady out for her early morning walk. She waved and smiled, and you could tell she was wondering why we were there so early. There were also youth from the church gathering beside the church for some sort of Saturday youth activity. It was a sweet scene. 

As we drove closer to the church we saw a general store next door. We thought since we couldn't really find breakfast we would go in for a honey bun and coke...real healthy...it was a diet coke. Little did we know that the store had a such a kind owner, and good cook. He cooked breakfast for us! I think it was because of the church.

I wanted a photo of the front view of the church, but there was a dog that was telling the news in a fence across from the church. The closer I got, the louder he barked and it was so early I didn't want to be run out of town.
This sounds strange, but don't you just love the cemetery on the hill beside the church? So much history and mystery there.
Look at that bell tower and steeple! And that cross and flame...Beneath the cross of Jesus, I fain would take my stand...

1 comment:

  1. Great shots! Yes I love the cemetery by the church...so many of the rural churches have them. Sometimes we stop and look at all the old headstones.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!