POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Sunday, August 8, 2010

IT'S ART! OR IS THAT IDEA JUST FULL OF HOLES? - JUNKMARKET Style

IT'S ART! OR IS THAT IDEA JUST FULL OF HOLES? - JUNKMARKET Style
You really should hop over to Junk Market Style and spend hours and hours looking at all the wonderful creations there. There are so many creative people out there! 
My post there shows this wooden piece I found at the Historical Society Tag Sale last year. I have no idea what it was in it's PRIOR life, but I loved it just time I saw it. I think it is the repetition of the holes or the structure of it. It's old and primitively made...actually crudely made would be more it, but it still has a preciseness to it. Someone took the time to make sure all those holes were lined up exactly, they didn't put much thought into other parts. However, they did put a ton of varnish on it so it is shiny. Something about it makes me think it was used by a carpenter or in an old service station. It does have a very slight oil smell. That's us right? We are precisely made, we have some imperfections, but that adds to our character and makes us worth loving too. And, OK, we have a few smells too (sorry, this is a blog based on honesty). 

Hope your week is wonderful...my students come to me on Monday...
my week will be blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki...I love this cool piece...and your comparison to us, smells and all...ha-ha! I'm so enjoying peeking around at all the fun blogs. Thanks for the warm welcome to Blog Land :) Take care, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by Laurel! Stop back by on your blog jogs...enjoy! Best, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the comparison, too! and I'm with you. It reminds me of something in a station, too. I grew up in them, you know. And, of course, you know I love JMS, but haven't been over there as much lately. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, did you ever find out exactly what it is? Thanks so much for showing up for my party! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat old piece-it's a mystery-great for conversation!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!