POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Monday, August 2, 2010

SUMMER TIME 
AND THE LIVING IS EASY...
TIME'S SLIPPIN' WAY, 
AND THE SCHOOL YEAR IS NIGH...
I AIN'T RICH, 
BUT I SURE AM GOOD LOOKIN'...
SO HUSH LITTLE ART TEACHER, 
DON'T YOU CRY!

Sorry, I hate I did that to ya! 
I know it's bad. 
What's worse though is me singing it! 
So count yourself blessed, 'cause you can't hear me!

It did bring back a sweet memory though. 
The entire time I could hear a dear friend's mother belting it out in her charming broken English...
she was a precious lady, had a beautiful voice, and would sing 
the real version of Summer Time at the drop of a hat. 
One of my favorite treats growing up was to go to their home and for her break out into...
Su-u-u-ummmmmer tiiiiiimmmme...
(from what I remember, she actually recorded Summer Time in her own country where she was a well known singer before marriage brought her to America)
I also loved me some of her rice and black-eyed peas cooked
Korean style...
yum! 
She was a dear lady!

OK, side story is over...
I am excited to start a new school year, but I have been a bit busy on projects this summer and I am really not ready for that kind of freedom to be over. I still have lots I want to do, and I don't think I can cram them all into today and tomorrow...I do have a few I can knock out if I put some effort into it. However, I'm up for just relaxing and watching American Pickers all day!

Life's Good!


Here's some I did get finished, and when that call comes that says I can have a bigger booth at the Antique Mall these are heading that way... 

This table was found at GW for $3.03 (why do they price things like that?) Anyway...she was a bit rough around the edges and a little rickety. The chair was found at the Episcopal church thrift store(my favorite place),
it was only $2
The seat was ratted, and it was a bit flaky, but the size is precious.
I picked it up the day my heart stopped when I was a minute late getting there and missed a full size wicker daybed. I am still longing for that bed! 
I even tried to buy it from the lady that purchased it...she never even responded. Apologies, I have to keep telling that story so I feel better. 
That bed would have been awesome on my screened porch...it was only $25 and I do believe it was from Pottery Barn. 
Had some age on it, but it would have painted up wonderfully. 
SIGH!

Hot, hazy Georgia day...
And again... 

SIGH!

OK, 

I promise...

whining is over!

does not a good picture taking day make...


oops! 
a bit of whining.
A cheap date, 
but they make a cute pair!  

All painted with a knock off bird egg blue, from Lowe's *OOPS* bin...
then glazed and shined.
The chair fabric was a small section cut from Home Decor samples that are 4/1.00.
Entire project probably totaled $7. I got lots more projects to do with that paint and glaze...post them later.



     Summer break has been a  
DREAM... 

so hush little art teacher, 
don't you cry!

(No song was injured in the making of this blog...really) 
And all these American Pickers shows today are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your comment box is back up. I love the table and chair, for sure, a great deal! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!