POWERFUL FOLLOWERS

Sunday, July 4, 2010




HAPPY 4TH Y'ALL!

I found this flag painting in the bottom of a basket full of this and that at the Episcopal Church Thrift Store that I frequent. I thought it was sort of folk arty...probably created by a child. It's a small canvas and paint is smudged on the back. The simpleness of it appealed to me, and so I dug deep and found the 25 cent they were asking for it. I thought I'd keep it, but after bringing it home I decided to change it a bit and place it in my booth at the antique mall. I glued some keyboard letters on it and spelled out "PRAY". I also took a permanent marker and outlined the lines...I did not add stars, however. It's been on the shelf in the mall  for about 2 months, and as of a few days ago, it had not sold. I'm secretly rejoicing...I want it back with me...it brings me a bit of peace and comfort...I like it.
Having just returned from our 3,000 mile road trip through the  eastern states my faith in America has been strengthened. She truly is a  sweet land of liberty...let freedom ring! 
HAVE A BLESSED AND HAPPY JULY 4Th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!